THE CAMARGUE AND PYRENEES - MIGRANTS AND RESIDENTS - TOUR FULL
Saturday 14th - Sunday 22nd September 2019 (8 nights - 9 days)
During our late summer, it is already autumn migration for many bird species. This tour takes in two key areas in Southern France, the wonderful wetlands of the Camargue and the impressive mountains of the Pyrenees. Many waders will already be stopping off in the Camargue to join resident species such as Greater Flamingos, Herons, Egrets and various birds of prey. Other nearby areas will also be explored including La Crau where we will hope to see Little Bustards, Pin-tailed Sandgrouse and Stone Curlews. After 4 nights here we make a leisurely journey across to the majestic Pyrenees, the mountains that form the border between France and Spain. When the mountains are topped with clouds, they form a barrier to raptors and other migrating species. Once the cloud clears it is possible to witness hundreds of birds streaming southwards. Again, add in resident species such as Golden Eagle, Griffon Vulture, Lammergeier, Alpine Chough and Black Woodpecker as well as Isards (the Pyrenean equivalent of Chamois), Alpine Marmots and a few late flowers and you know this is an exciting place for a late summer wildlife watching tour. And don't worry, the vehicle takes the strain of getting us up to the high ground!
Leader for this tour: Mike Read
Price: £1725.00 per person in twin or double room (+ flights).
Single supplement £250.00 per person (+ flights).
Deposit: £350 per person.
- Minibus travel throughout the tour in France.
- Accommodation and all meals including picnic lunches.
- Morning coffees if a suitable café can be found each day.
- Wine or a soft drink at dinner on the final evening.
Price does not include:
- Flights (for legal reasons I am unable to book your flights but will give guidance and web links for you to do so).
- Transport to and from the departure UK airport.
- Alcoholic drinks and items of a personal nature.
- Afternoon teas/coffees and coffees after dinner at the hotels.